Wednesday, April 11, 2007

A Cold First Game 4/7/07

It may of been cold but at least we got to play a game. Unfortunately we came up a little short at the end of the game. Nick Llorente had a good first outing on the mound but the bats were a little cold. No I mean really "COLD" it was 34 degrees & snowing at times. Brik came to the dugout during the second inning asking for his sun glasses. When I replied there isn't any sun. He then said something I've never heard said in a baseball game, "I need my glasses to keep the snow out of my eyes, I can't see". Between innings the boys were drinking hot chocolate & wrapping up in blankets just to stay warm. The game ball went to Grant Baldwin for his first hit ever in a game. This is Grant's first year to play baseball & he's trying to do what ever we tell him to get better.


White Sox 11 - River Cats 5

No comments: